Navitaire – Navitaire has Strong Industry TiesNavitaire has Strong Industry Ties
Navitaire is an active participant in the industry, working closely with long-standing and newly emerging organizations to help deliver improved travel processes and an enhanced customer experience. These organizations span the entire travel lifecycle, and provide forums to allow Navitaire to join with other industry partners to shape and implement the industry standards of today and tomorrow.
Industry Group Memberships
Through industry participation, Navitaire can provide a voice as a new technology provider and help represent the needs of its client base on industry initiatives. Here are some of the organizations we work with:
IATA Strategic Partner — IATA (International Air Transport Association) is an international trade body which represents some 240 airlines. IATA, its member airlines, and IATA Strategic Partners set and develop global industry standards through participation in IATA work groups and task forces.
Open Axis Group Technology Alliance is an organization focused on the development of XML standards for the airline and travel industry.
Open Travel Alliance is a trade association with more than 130 members dedicated to the creation of electronic message structures (XML schemas) to facilitate communication within the global travel industry.
IATCI Implementation Group is an interest group with more than 65 members focused on defining, communicating and maintaining standards that facilitate the interline through check-in function.
Computerized Airline Sales and Marketing Association (CASMA) is an industry group focused on travel distribution issues facing the industry.
Professional Organizations — Navitaire employees are also members of these professional organizations serving the airline industry:
- Airline Group of the International Federation of Operational Research Societies (AGIFORS)
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
Navitaire Works With Key Industry Service Providers, Suppliers & Solutions Everyday
Navitaire solutions work with many of the industry’s key products, services and vendors supporting the travel industry. Our clients rely on close integration with these partners to provide access to fares, report sales activity, support revenue settlement, and more.
Navitaire services also connect with a vast array of industry providers and suppliers:
- Nine global and regional GDSs, virtually all major online travel agents (OTA) that use a GDS platform, and 17 ARS/CRS providers
- Dozens of travel suppliers around the globe to sell ancillaries including insurance, car hire, hotel, activities and more
- More than 45 payment service providers (PSP), payment processors, alternative form of payment providers, dynamic currency conversion (DCC) suppliers, and fraud prevention tools
- Communication and messaging platform providers such as ARINC and SITA
Awards & Achievements
Navitaire’s mission is to help create value for its client through innovation. Navitaire has been recognized for its advanced, integrated solutions designed to help clients better serve customers, manage costs, and improve ancillary revenue generation.
- Winner 2011 Best Ancillary Revenue Innovation — Navitaire was recognized for several advanced ancillary revenue generation capabilities including exclusive offerings for Intelligent Seating, multi-currency shopping, and GoNow airport and day-of-departure suite
- Winner 2010 Best Sales & Distribution Innovation — Navitaire was honored for its innovative development allowing ticketless airline and rail clients to sell each other’s seats using New Skies Advantage Interline
- Navitaire solutions have been awarded more than 24 patents, with an additional 96 applications currently in review