Navitaire – Navitaire has Strong Industry TiesNavitaire has Strong Industry Ties
Navitaire is an active participant in the industry, working closely with long-standing and newly emerging organizations to help deliver improved travel processes and an enhanced customer experience. These organizations span the entire travel lifecycle, and provide forums to allow Navitaire to join with other industry partners to shape and implement the industry standards of today and tomorrow.
Industry Group Memberships
Through industry participation, Navitaire can provide a voice as a new technology provider and help represent the needs of its client base on industry initiatives. Here are some of the organizations we work with:
IATA, the International Air Transport Association, is the trade association for the world’s airlines, representing some 240 airlines. IATA, its member airlines, and IATA Strategic Partners set and develop global industry standards through participation in IATA work groups and task forces.
- New Distribution Capability (NDC)
As a Strategic Partner, Navitaire is an active participant in the IATA NDC initiative, helping shape and implement the industry NDC platform. We’re poised and ready for NDC, and our clients are, too. It’s been a key pillar of Navitaire solutions since the beginning, giving us and our clients decades of experience using the concepts. Check out IATA’s NDC web page
- Simplify the Business (StB) Customer Order Transformation (COT)
StB is an industry initiative that aims to transform the entire journey experience through the implementation of innovative solutions. The COT task force strives to streamline airlines’ core reservation, ticketing, accounting and delivery industry capabilities.
Open Axis Group Technology Alliance is an organization focused on the development of XML standards for the airline and travel industry.
Open Travel Alliance is a trade association with more than 130 members dedicated to the creation of electronic message structures (XML schemas) to facilitate communication within the global travel industry.
IATCI Implementation Group is an interest group with more than 65 members focused on defining, communicating and maintaining standards that facilitate the interline through check-in function.
Professional Organizations — Navitaire employees are also members of these professional organizations serving the airline industry:
- Airline Group of the International Federation of Operational Research Societies (AGIFORS)
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
Navitaire Works With Key Industry Service Providers, Suppliers & Solutions Every Day
Navitaire solutions work with many of the industry’s key products, services and vendors supporting the travel industry. Our clients rely on close integration with these partners to provide access to fares, report sales activity, support revenue settlement, and more.
Navitaire services also connect with a vast array of industry providers and suppliers:
- Eleven global and regional GDSs, virtually all major online travel agents (OTA) that use a GDS platform, and 17 ARS/CRS providers
- Dozens of travel suppliers around the globe to sell ancillaries including insurance, car hire, hotel, activities and more
- More than 45 payment service providers (PSP), payment processors, alternative form of payment providers, dynamic currency conversion (DCC) suppliers, and fraud prevention tools
- Communication and messaging platform providers such as ARINC and SITA
Awards & Achievements
Navitaire’s mission is to help create value for its client through innovation. Navitaire has been recognized for its advanced, integrated solutions designed to help clients better serve customers, manage costs, and improve ancillary revenue generation.
- Winner of the 2013 Innovation of the Year in the Ancillary Revenue & Merchandising category at Airline Information's Mega Awards
- Winner of the 2013 Tekne Award from Minnesota High Tech Association for our ticketless system and other related services
- Runner-up in the 2012 Most Innovative Technology Mega Awards Ancillary & Revenue Merchandising category for our Travel Commerce system
- Winner of the 2011 Best Ancillary Revenue Innovation for several advanced capabilities including exclusive offerings for ancillary revenue generation, Intelligent Seating, multi-currency shopping, and GoNow day-of-departure suite
- Winner of the 2010 Best Sales & Distribution Innovation for our innovative developments allowing ticketless airline and rail clients to sell each other’s seats using New Skies Advantage Interline
- Navitaire solutions have been awarded more than 50 patents, with many additional applications currently in review